Thursday, March 11, 2010

Seven Months in the Making

This blog has been nearly seven months in the making. Why nearly seven? John Christopher Mabry, our sweet baby boy, will celebrate his seven month birthday tomorrow, March 12.

Actually, I had planned to start keeping a diary when I got pregnant sixteen months ago in November of 2008. I wanted to remember all the milestones of those nine months, but I let other things get in the way. Since I flubbed the pregnancy diary, I vowed I would start journaling the minute Johnny made his debut, so I threw my pen and notebook in the hospital bag along with all the other necessities I packed.

Ha! The naivety of a first-time mama! Little did I know, or even anticipate, I would be in labor for days (literally) and end up having a c-section and a ten pound baby to boot. But that is a story I will save for another post.

Needless to say, I did not start the mommy diary upon Johnny's birth. So many other pressing matters kept my hands busy and full, like nursing, rocking, changing diapers, clothing, bathing, putting the paci back in when it fell out, snapping cute pictures for the memory book I have yet to start, and endless other things. Oh, and sleeping, or trying to at least!

So here we are seven beautiful, chaotic, wouldn't-trade-them-for-the-world months later. The fog is clearing, and I am finally beginning my mommy diary.

2 comments:

  1. yay!! welcome to the blog world!! You'll love it, especially when you can look back at this and remember :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I will love reading about your new adventures :-)

    -Kendall

    ReplyDelete