Monday, April 12, 2010

Roll, Johnny, Roll!

The wait is over! Johnny finally rolled from his back to his tummy yesterday.

We were on the bed getting ready for a nap when Johnny started twisting and turning on his back to reach for the pillows. He loves to play with the pillows on my bed. He pulls and tugs on them until they fall over, most of the time on top of him. After the pillows fall on him, he digs his feet in and kicks them off. Johnny can play this game forever. Before I knew it, he rolled over onto his tummy to better reach the pillows. He practiced his new skill over and over yesterday evening and this morning. He is fascinated by his new mobility.

I am amazed again, just like when he began sitting up on his own. I guess I will never get over how quickly he goes from not being able to do something to doing it. Watching his development is so exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment